Terms and Conditions
This agreement between Hosting Power Ltd and a student sets out the rights and obligations of the Guest to be hosted by a host in Ireland. All the terms of this agreement are legally binding so please read them through carefully.
The student has the full and private use of his/her room, and use of all shared rooms, as designated by the landlord, which at the very least should include the main bathroom (if the room doesn't come with a private bathroom) and the kitchen.
Hosting Power Ltd will strive to find the most suitable Host for the student's stay according to the location and general safety. Hosting Power Ltd cannot guarantee to fulfil all the expectations of each and every student. Hosting Power Ltd guarantees that all the hosts have been met face to face by a Hosting Power Ltd member. The home and the living space where the student will live have been checked and approved.
Hosting Power Ltd find the student a host that:
- Is willing to willing to welcome and host students from all over the world.
- Have a clean house with a safe and comfortable atmosphere.
- Offer a bedroom based on a private occupancy on par with current Irish standards.
- Have clean bathroom facilities with easy access and hot water for showers.
- Offer a house in a safe area, within walking distance to shops and to public transport.
The student will pay a single service fee to Hosting Power Ltd and a weekly rental fee to the host.
Service fee: The service fee is a once-off fee charged at the time of booking. It covers all the services provided by Hosting Power, including the personal and thorough inspection of each individual property, and the assistance in any questions regarding your accommodation from the time of booking until the end of your stay. The service fee is calculated according to the duration of your studies in Ireland. To find out the exact amount, please select your exact arrival and departure dates, then select the room of your choice and click on 'Book Now'. For your security, we only accept debit/credit card payments. All tax is included.
In the unlikely event of a cancellation by the host, or if the host does not respect the terms and conditions, the student can choose between a free re-booking or a refund of the service fee.
In addition to this, Hosting Power Ltd implements a fair cancellation policy:
- 100% refund if you cancel before your host accepts your booking request
- 50% refund if you cancel your room within 48 hours of receiving your booking confirmation
- 50% refund if you cancel your booking up to 2 weeks before your arrival
- No refund if you cancel under any other circumstances
Rental fee : The Student will pay their rent on a weekly basis directly to the host. The amount of the rental fee vary according to the host and placement location and will be clearly indicated to the student before the booking. The payment for the first week stay with the host must be paid upfront by the students on their arrival day. Each payment will be made on a weekly basis, on the same day of the week that the student arrived in the host until the end of the placement. The method of payment is be discussed between the host and the student (either cash or bank transfer).
Hosting Power provides accommodation for students, who are booking accommodation for the entire duration of their academic program in Dublin. This academic program must be of a minimum duration of eight weeks. Students staying more than one year need to book a maximum of one full year from their check in date, as per the maximum length of booking authorised.
The host can request a deposit to the value of either 1 or 2 weeks of rent. If the host does require a deposit, it will be clearly indicated on each listing. The deposit must be collected on the day of the students arrival by the host, and the host is fully responsible for collecting it. The deposit must be refunded by the host directly to the student on the day of the students departure.
All deposits must be refunded. Hosts may only retain the deposit under the following circumstances;
- Nonpayment of rent
- Damage to the property, other than normal wear and tear of the property
- Excessive cleaning costs of the room, other than cleaning due to normal wear and tear
- If the student terminates the lease prior to end of the duration booked
The student agrees to:
- Inform the host of their arrival time
- Inform the host about their schedule if it affects the host.
- Respect and adapt to the host's house rules about the bathroom, kitchen, internet, sitting room, TV and personal belongings.
- Keep the house and bedroom clean and tidy. The students are responsible for washing their personal clothes, towels, linen and for washing up their dishes after use. The cleaning rules are to be discussed with the host.
- Respect the laundry rules as regards the days and times for when this service is available.
- Share in the regular household chores with the host if applicable. All the tasks are to be discussed with the host as regards the best implementation.
- Not use the landline unless given permission by the host.
- Inform the host in advance if they are going to be gone travelling for two or more consecutive days.
- Inform the host of any known medical conditions, allergies, necessary medications or emergency procedures that must be followed in case of a medical crisis.
- Not abuse drugs that are strictly prohibited by Irish law.
- Assume all responsibility for any house damage.
- Behave in an appropriate manner at all times.
- Having a guest is strictly not allowed. You are not permitted to bring anyone into the house at any time during your stay.
- Not to consume any food in their allocated room. All food must be consumed in the kitchen or dining area.
- Not store or consume any alcohol on the property at any time during their stay.
Products: All the cleaning or food products that the students use for their own needs (i.e.: washing powder or cooking oil) must be bought by the students themselves. It is not permitted to use any products that do not belong to them.
Pets: Some of the hosts live with a pet, usually a cat or a dog, that are considered to be a part of the host. Hosting Power will not place an allergic student in a host family with pets.
Host Environment: Every Host is unique, has a different story and a different background. They may be with or without children, a single mother or father, a single person living on their own, of a different marital status, working or retired. Hosting Power hosts represent an insight into the local culture and the growing diversity of Ireland. Each guest must make an effort to respect and understand these differences.
In the event of a student leaving before the end of their booking:
If a student decides to leave before the end of the period booked, they are required to inform their host and give at least 2 weeks notice. Also, it is important to note that under these circumstances your host is within their rights to retain your deposit to cover the rent loss due to your early departure.
In the event of a Student not satisfied with the placement:
- The student must contact Hosting Power and explain the situation at hand.
- If the student shows that the host is not striving to maintain the standards as set in the terms and conditions, the student will have the option to book another Hosting Power property without any fee, or leave the property and request a pro-rated refund for the unused weeks.
In the event of a Student not respecting the terms and conditions:
- If the host shows that the student does not follow the terms and conditions, engages in illegal activities, is rude and/or impolite, then the host can terminate the hosting before the end of the duration booked. Hosting Power will not refund the service fee under such circumstances.